Our one-week courses to help you build your skills in one of the competency areas essential for Academic Leaders. Participants should expect to spend about four hours per week completing coursework. Each course is focused on a single topic, and draws on curated research in the field as well as academic expertise. As always, the design of each course includes opportunities for reflection and interaction, empowering you to boost your competency with a group of peers interested in the same issues.
Registration for Winter 2023 online courses will open on the members portal in January.
Online courses offered by the Association for Academic Leaders in the fall for members included:
- Supporting Faculty Wellbeing Right Now
- Preparing for Your First Year in Department Leadership
- Solve Your Substitute Problem
- Preparing to Lead a Mission-Aligned Curriculum Audit
- Leading an Academic Department through a Curricular Audit
- Leading a DEIBJ Curriculum Audit
- Building Trust As An Academic Leader
- Evaluating Department Leaders as Academic Leaders
- Preparing for Schedule Changes
"As a current department chair moving into an assistant division head role, I found the Preparing to Lead a Mission-Aligned Curriculum Audit course to be quite valuable in terms of giving me a starting point for thinking about broader curriculum work. I especially enjoyed reading about the experiences of peers at other schools, to hear what did and did not work for them when they engaged in similar work."
"Once again, One Schoolhouse and the Association for Academic Leaders deliver on its promise of robust professional development. I leave the Onboarding (and Keeping) New Faculty course with a new, inspiring perspective on faculty onboarding."